Founded in 1945 The National Institute for Research & Development in Chemistry and Petrochemistry – ICECHIM is the largest and oldest Romanian R&D organization specialized in chemistry which lately has developed competencies in materials science.
APPLIED RESEARCH FOR NEW TECHNOLOGIES:
- using bioresources
- nanoscience and nanomaterials
- environment protection and sustainable resources management
- increasing competitiveness of industrial products
- rehabilitation and revitalization of chemical and petrochemical Romanian industry
- recovery, recycling, and use of by-products
BASIC AND ORIENTED FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH:
Made in order to deepen and increase the level of knowledge in the fields of: mechanisms reaction, chemical kinetics, organometallic catalysts, electrochemistry, unitary operations modeling, sonochemical.
- Technology transfer, consultancy, marketing and services in the main research field.
- Analysis and tests services in the laboratories accredited according to ISO 17025
- Developing strategies, studies of diagnosis and prognosis
- Developing norms and standards alligned to international quality system
- Technical support and specialized technical expertise
- Internal information system development, systems and data-processing and image data, the modeling and simulation process
ICECHIM CAN OFFER GREAT VALUE IN PARTNERSHIPS IN THE FOLLOWING DOMAINS:
- Innovative materials for automotive industry
- Bio-fuels, bio-additives for fuels from renewable raw materials and wastes of renewable raw materials
- Capture and bio-fixation of carbon dioxide by controlled photosynthesis
- Agriculture bio-additives from natural raw materials
- Food additives from natural raw materials