With more than 106 years of tradition, the „Ion Ionescu de la Brad” University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Iaşi has become a leading tertiary education institution specialized in training students in top fields of Romanian and European economy by virtue of its highly qualified academic staff, strong material base and modern research infrastructure.
The mission of the „Ion Ionescu de la Brad” University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Iaşi is to provide research and education through programs of advanced study at all levels of undergraduate and postgraduate training in order to meet the challenges of a developing society. Accordingly, the University aims to generate knowledge through research, development, innovation and technology transfer, high professional training and to attract the best specialists and young people with high potential for professional and scientific training in the academic activity. In order to completely fulfill such high objectives, the management of the University makes internationalization a top priority of its vision. PhD
Prof. Vasile Vîntu, Rector, explains: „Internationalization is the state of mind that must impregnate all our actions and visions in the future. I invite both Romanian and foreign students and members of the academic community to consider to study, research, cooperate with our University in order to benefit from more than one century of tradition and expertise”.
Memberships in international academic-research organizations:
- EUA – European University Association – member;
- AUF – Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie – associated member;
- CASEE – ICA – Association for European Life Science Universities-Regional Network for Central and East European – member;
- EAVE – The European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education;
- IAESTE – The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience – founder, member;
- RIFEFF – Réseau International Francophone des Etablissements de Formation de Formateurs – member.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS AND RESEARCHERS
The „Ion Ionescu de la Brad” University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Iaşi gradually and intensely developed throughout the last 10 years, developing and providing new educational academic programs within its 4 faculties:
- Faculty of Agriculture – 7 programs: Agriculture, Montanology, Economical engineering in Agriculture, Technology of Processing Agricultural products, Consumer and Environment Protection, Biology;
- Faculty of Horticulture – 4 programs: Horticulture, Landscape design, Environmental Engineering, Biotechnology;
- Faculty of Animal science – 4 programs: Animal husbandry, Fishery and aquaculture, Engineering and management in Public Alimentation and Agritourism, Food control and expertise;
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine – 2 programs: Veterinary Medicine in Romanian language and Veterinary Medicine in English.
Besides the Bachelor degrees, the „Ion Ionescu de la Brad” University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Iaşi provides opportunities for continuous professional training through its 23 masters and 34 PhD accredited programs.
The students, PhDs, academic staff and other personnel of the University have access to mobility programs for studying, teaching and training in 190 partner institutions: 70 inter-institutional agreements, 120 Erasmus+ agreements.
The main campus of the “Ion Ionescu de la Brad” University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Iasi spreads on an area of 19 hectares. In 2018 the University has inaugurated a new 7000 sqm building for the Food Industry, Technology of Processing Agricultural Products specialization. It comprises 18 Didactic Laboratories, 3 Conference rooms, 4 Research Laboratories and 6 micro-production facilities (Milk processing, Meat processing, Meat-production, Pastry products, Bakery products and Beer production).
The University provides accommodation for students in 5 hostels able to host 1800 persons.
The „Ion Ionescu de la Brad” University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Iaşi is associated member in 3 Clusters: The North East Regional Innovative Cluster for Structural and Molecular Imaging (Imago-Mol); Cluster bioROne – Innovative Cluster Specialized in Bio-Technology; Regional Cluster for Research, Innovation and Technological Transfer in Agriculture and Food Safety.
COMMITMENT TO RESEARCH EXCELLENCE
The University features modernized and state-of-the-art infrastructure with high-tech equipment, modernized buildings and a new library that has been recently extended in a newly refurbished location spanning on 4 levels with an area of 1.350 sqm. It comprises 3 Reading Rooms and a Multimedia & Internet Room with 41 PCs, ensuring comfortable study and research conditions. The total collections and resources (books, periodicals, papers, courses, electronic items) of the Library amount to 99.200 volumes. The online ANELIS database can be easily accessed from the Library’s website and oﬀers the latest information on various domains of scientiﬁc research. The Library has a network of 92 national and international exchange partners, sending and receiving a variety of scientiﬁc publications.
As proof of the University’s commitment to invest in innovation all four faculties have their own independent research centers and infrastructure:
- Faculty of Agriculture – 2 accredited research centers: The Institute of Research for Agriculture and Environment and The Agricultural Research Center of Iaşi; 4 specialized laboratories equipped with modern technology: Plant and Soil Analysis, Expertise Laboratory, Certiﬁcation and Control of Genetically Modiﬁed Organisms and of Agricultural Products and Research for the mechanization of agriculture and food industry.
- Faculty of Horticulture – Horticulture Research Center: The Laboratory of Fruit Growing Research “Prof. Gică Grădinariu”; The Center of Oenology Research “Acad.Valeriu D. Cotea”; 7 laboratories: Vegetable Growing, Floriculture, Viticulture, Entomology, Horticultural Products Technology, Landscape Design and Environmental Engineering.
- Faculty of Animal Sciences – 2 accredited research centers: The Center for Animal Sciences Research and The Center for Monitoring Cattle Productions; 5 laboratories: Aquaculture-Hydrology research; Animal Sciences Research; Genetics research; Domestic Animal Nutrition; Laboratories for the technological disciplines; other facilities: an apiary with 60 bee colonies and a Bio-base for poultry, fur animals and lab animals.
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine – Regional Center for Advanced Research on Emerging Diseases, Zoonoses and Food Safety; 2 laboratories: Micro-Biology and Immunology Laboratory, Antimicrobial therapy research Laboratory; 5 Veterinary clinics: Internal Medicine, Infectious diseases, Parasitic diseases, Obstetrics and Reproduction pathology, Surgery. The clinics also oﬀer spaces for hospital treatment and care for both small and large animals.
For practical training, the “Ion Ionescu de la Brad” University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Iasi has a teaching resort for research and manufacturing: The Didactic and Research Station, The Ezăreni farm – 122 ha, The Adamachi farm – 49 ha, The Rediu farm – 58 ha and 3 practice centers: one at Plaiul Şarului (66 places), one at Frasin, Suceava county and another one in Făcăeni, Ialomiţa County (60 places).
Ion Ionescu de la Brad” University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine, Iași
Address: 3, Mihail Sadoveanu Alley, Iasi, 700490, Romania
Telephone: 0040 232 213.069